Sneak Peek: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Swatches

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Next month (or so it's scheduled), Chanel will launch a new lipstick. Rouge Allure Velvet will cost $32 and offer a velvet finish with pearl pigments (read that as matte) that's enriched with moisturizing ingredients for easy wear.



The shades will be grouped into four color families: beige, brown, rose, and red. Like many companies, Chanel is promoting red lipstick for fall and winter.



I came by a swatch photo from a Chanel insider. It's an iPhone photo, so it's not as good as we might like, but it gives you an idea of the colors and the finish (very matte and intense). I'm sorry I can't identify each swatch. I did lighten up the photo in a photo editor because it was so dark.



This new lipstick is "not my thing." I am not a huge fan of matte lip colors, so it's unlikely I'll feature Rouge Allure Velvet when it launches. I'll continue to wear my new Rouge Coco Shines right through fall and winter. For anyone who loves opaque or matte lipstick, these may be "just your thing." Will you be looking for Rouge Velvet Allure when it hits the Chanel counters?



Photos courtesy of Chanel and an unidentified friend