Saturday Shopping at Neiman Marcus with Chantecaille and Giorgio Armani Beauty for Fall and Holiday

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Sunday, August 14, 2011

With apologies to Gaia at The Non-Blonde, who wrote an ab-fab Bergdorf Goodman Shopping Report yesterday (I appear to be stealing her idea), I want to show you some highlights of my trip to Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria yesterday. Early in the morning, I attended a "Media Mavens" breakfast at which the talented Neiman Marcus team showed us the fall and winter shoe, fashion, beauty, and home style trends. Stay tuned for my feature about that. I'll publish fall trend tips tomorrow.



At the breakfast, Lisa Lingis gave us an introduction to Le Métier de Beauté's new skin care. I'll also be featuring that as our week starts. I've had an opportunity to try some samples, and I'm extremely impressed.



After the breakfast, where every possible taste for food and drink was generously satisfied, I aimed for the beauty department, where there were many lovely new makeup previews to tempt me. This past week, many testers arrived, but the products were not available for me to purchase. Because it was raining outside, I tried to swatch inside the store. My swatch photos were miserably dark, so I'll hold off on most swatches until I get my hands on my own beauties, presumably this week for the fall collections.



Chantecaille's New Classic Palette ($85) is shown in the photo above left. The new palettes with the gold overspray are always supremely gorgeous, and this one's no different. This in-store photo appears a little more "pink" than the colors looked to my eye. I swatched them, and the two eye shades remind me a lot of my favorite Tiger in the Wild neutrals. They aren't duplicates, but they are in the same color families. The palette is totally gorgeous, and I'm anticipating its arrival with excitement.



I also got to see The Evening Duo for holiday ($84), again appearing more pink in this photo than it is in person. It's Chantecaille's first-ever, limited-edition Swarovski crystal palette that you'll want to show off. I was able to get a "just OK" swatch photo of the duo shades in the store. With a champagne shadow that will light up your eyes and a liner to define them, this palette will make you an elegant holiday dreamboat. It will be available in October.



Chantecaille has lots of other exciting items coming with the holiday collection. A Poudre de Perle in South Sea Pearl ($55), a soft and illuminating golden pink with finely processed light-diffusing optics, will be packaged in a limited-edition gunmetal for holiday. It will remain in the permanent collection, but in the regular silver packaging.



Chantecaille's popular fragrances will be available for your holiday shopping in roll-ons. Available in Petals, Kalimantan, Tiare, and Frangipane, each will be housed in a faux-croc envelope-like pouch that color-matches the full-sized box of the fragrance. At $68, you'll want to pick up a few in October for holiday presents. You'll want to add another holiday value set to your shopping list. Chantecaille will launch a Candle and Roll-on Gift Set for $98. A full-sized scented candle and roll-on fragrance packaged in a brightly colored faux-croc zip pouch will be available for $98 in October. The sets will be offered in Frangipane and Tiare. As if that weren't enough, Chantecaille is also creating an Aromacologie Starter Set with a collection of its best-selling skin care in a convenient travel size. Priced at $180, it's a $209 value.



Chantecaille will also offer hand-decorated, signed, and numbered Swarovski-embellished bottles of its fragrances, created by Cimon, a world-renowned artist. Cimon's fanciful Swarovski-adorned small sculptures are priced at hundreds of thousands of dollars and collected the world over. Each dazzling bottle may be special ordered only at Neiman Marcus at Bergdorf Goodman, starting now, and your fragrance of choice will be delivered in the collector's edition four weeks later. The price is $600. The bottles are extraordinary.



After reluctantly leaving my friends at Chantecaille, I moved on to visit my friends at Giorgio Armani Beauty. All the new testers arrived Friday without product to sell. Take a look at these three beauties from the Jacquard Collection for Fall 2011 - one for face (#1) and two for eyes (the greys are #2, and the greens are #1)!



The face palette is shown at left, with the two exquisite eye palettes in the center and at right. Believe me, these palette will take your breath away if you love makeup as much as I do.



My swatch photos taken in the store were so bad, I'll only show you one.



I'll own these palettes soon enough, and I'll get photos worthy of their fabulousness. I took a lot of swatch photos in the store, but I didn't want to use a flash and wash out the shades. As a result, there wasn't enough light to get good color representations.



There are four new Rouge d'Armani shades on display for fall. Here's a swatch photo (taken in the store) of all four shades in pink, beige, and red colors. I'll be headed straight for Pink 525, shown at the top of my arm, when the products arrive.



I also got a peek at the two new Blushing Fabrics for Fall 2011, Camel and Scarlatto. They are sheer and stunning on the skin. Surprising to me, Scarlatto is absolutely fabulous on my fair skin. It jumped right onto my to-buy list.



I've got only a blurry, low-light iPhone photo snapped inside the store. It shows Camel on the left of my arm and Scarlatto at right. I applied each heavily with a sponge, and their sheerness is still evident. Totally gorgeous! Don't let the dark-colored tubes for these beautiful Face Fabrics scare you off. Try them.



Think I had fun?



Before I leave the subject of lust-worth beauty, let's take a very brief stroll around the Internet.



The Non-Blonde is leaving me with brush envy. See her feature on the Hakuhodo's G series Foundation Brush.

Messy Wands published a fabulous tutorial on mixing Le Métier de Beauté's Lip Crème shades. I've shown it to everyone.

Thanks to Daly Beauty, I'm going to have to go purchase Spa Wisdom Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil.

Fab over Forty's feature on BECCA's Pressed Shimmer Powder intrigued me.

Café Makeup compared the exquisite Estée Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelée to some other popular highlighters.



All are worth a read. I've got lots of news lined up for this week's features. I'm excited about fall's fashion and beauty launches.



Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus; other photos by Best Things in Beauty