Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani in Pink 525 from Jacquard Collection for Fall 2011

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

There are four new Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani shades that arrived with the Fall 2011 Jacquard Collection. My selection was Pink 525 ($30), shown at right. It's a silvery mauve pink - perfect for a lot of us, carefully aligned with fall's colors.



Rouge d'Armani is a long-lasting lipstick. It's not drying like some, although I don't get a full eight hours of wear from it (as advertised). I would have to stop talking, drinking, and eating. I don't expect eight hours of wear from any lipstick. The Rouge d'Armani lipsticks have a very soft and creamy texture. You may already know that the magnetic, snap-closure cases of Rouge d'Armani define the quiet elegance of the shades that lie within.



Here's an introduction to Rouge d'Armani from Giorgio Armani Beauty.



The lipsticks use Color-Fil technology. Giorgio Armani pioneered this breakthrough cosmetic color technology, which owes its highly innovative formula to a unique color bond agent. Color bond, the result of seven years of research and 20 patents, offers exceptional qualities of comfort, luminosity, and color intensity.



Color bond is a revolutionary polymer architecture with an exceptional property that weaves highly selected ingredients into a supple 3D matrix that adheres durably to lips. Its made-to-measure architecture, made of two “parts,” is able to unite two contrasting properties: hold and comfort. Its smooth surface optimizes light reflection, revealing a new color vibrancy.



The ingredients allow Armani Beauty to achieve the perfect formula, with exclusive emollients and "micronized" waxes that slip onto lips for a smooth, melting, comfortable application. The spherical micro-pigments fuse with the color bond agent for rich, vibrant color. There are two lightweight oils - one for perfect affinity with the lips for comfort, the other for a smooth and satin finish.



As you can see in my swatch photos, taken in full sun, but with my arm turned slightly away from the sun, the color of Pink 525 is a cool pink with slightly blue undertones. It adds a soft shimmer - a gleam, really - to my lips. On me, it's a perfect color, one I'm going to need to hoard. It offers medium coverage (I don't like opaque lipsticks very much), with enough color to light up my face and make my eyes pop blue.



As you can see from my two photos, as the ambient light increases, the shade becomes warmer, which means 525 will make a lovely transition from indoors to outdoors, leaving you with naturally pretty lips anywhere you go. That's a nice lipstick!



There are three more shades in the fall collection. Two are what Armani calls Beige: one a very light nude and the other a medium tone. There's also a Rouge shade, 406, that I swatched last weekend and showed in my shopping feature. It's too red for my face, but it will be gorgeous on anyone who can wear a vibrant red shade.



When you stop by your favorite Armani counter to check out the heart-stopping Jacquard palettes, make sure to look at the lovely new lip colors. I bought mine at Neiman Marcus.



Photos by Best Things in Beauty