The Friday Forum - August 5

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, August 5, 2011

It's hard to believe it's August. Back-to-school sales have started, and our thoughts are turning to fall fashion and beauty. All the while, most of the country is gripped by dangerously hot and dry weather. I've noticed that the days are getting shorter, a sure sign that the season will change.

This was such a "straddle week" for beauty. The much-anticipated Les Aquarelles de Chanel Collection arrived at Neiman Marcus. I believe it was the last summer collection to hit the store. The pieces arrived at the same time as Chanel's early fall collection. Sharing space on the counter, they are a juxtaposition in color. Les Aquarelles represents the pale pinks of summer, while the fall colors offer more punch. There are two quads on the Chanel fall display. Blue is clearly on France's mind for fall! One of the quads features shades of blue. I thought about Dior's new palette when I saw it. Blue is clearly "hot."

Speaking of blues, Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell Cologne arrived earlier than we had anticipated. In case you've been among the many waiting, Neiman Marcus has it (at least at Tysons Galleria).

I visited with Michael Reinhardt at the Le Métier de Beauté counter at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie this week. He had received one of the new nail lacquer shades from the fall/winter East Meets West Collection. I took a photo of Anatolia in the store, but I don't think my photo represents the rich plum color adequately. Described as a rich plum illuminated with golden effervescence, it's a gorgeous fall color. Once all four shades arrive, I'll decide what I can't live without (if anything). They cost $18.

It was a fun fragrance week for me. I finally got my flacon of CREED's White Flowers (launch date was July 31), and I also have a nice, big sample of Original Cologne, a perfect summer fragrance for men or women. I'm enjoying them both, plus lots of other fragrance samples and bottles that have arrived. I also got to try the new Chanel No. 19 Poudre. Turns out it will launch as a Saks Fifth Avenue exclusive. So, next week, I'll head over to Chevy Chase to visit with my friends there. I need to spend more time writing (and less reading) to share all my newest fragrance impressions with you. Why is it I've got the summer lazies?

I also received two Sephora boxes, the result of surfing Sephora last weekend. I've got a pretty Guerlain bronzer to show you, hopefully later today. Despite my expectations that it might be a slow week, it flew by!

It's time for The Friday Forum, our open chat. I won't throw any bombs, like I did last week when I vented on the aggressiveness of store sales reps. What new products did you discover this week? Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By early the next week, most (not all) readers have moved on.

Don't forget the giveaway contest for Guerlain's Le 2 de Guerlain Mascara. The deadline for commenting to enter is tomorrow, August 6, at midnight. It's pretty cool!

Update 2:30 pm: The information I was given at a department store about the availability of a larger size of Anatolia was incorrect (not the store where I photographed it). The size is LMdB's normal bottle size. I'm sorry for any confusion (or anticipation) I may have created earlier today.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty