The Friday Forum - August 19

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, August 19, 2011

The Chantecaille fall collection has launched at Chantecaille's Web site, but I'll bet you didn't know that starting next Tuesday, August 23, Chantecaille will be offering the gift with purchase shown above at Chantecaille.com (with a minimum purchase of $200). The beautiful makeup bag is stocked with deluxe samples of Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser, Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask, the gorgeous Pelates fragrance, and a mini Elation Brilliant Lip Gloss. Wouldn't next week be the perfect time to pick up your fall makeup from Chantecaille? With the exquisite New Classic Palette, Gel Liner Pencils, new Lip Chics, and the innovative Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara available, I know you'll develop the I-wants as quickly as I did. Why not enjoy a little lagniappe too?



The third weekend in August is always an exciting time for me. That's when the International Gem and Jewelry Show comes to Chantilly at the Dulles Expo Center. The huge hall will be filled with vendors later today, selling everything from fragrances (yes, oddly) and knock-offs to the best in fashion jewelry and the finest of fine jewelry. While the August show is never as exciting as the December one, I always find something I can't live without. Later today, I'll be shopping for the very trends we saw at Neiman Marcus last weekend, but at wholesale prices. Anyone can go (you don't have to be a dealer), so if you live in the DC area, make sure to pop over. It's always worth the trip. I'm going to try to constrain my spending very carefully.



Before I visit the jewelry show, I'm going over to Saks Chevy Chase to pick up the Chanel No. 19 Poudre that Loyd Cassler rang for me earlier this week. It launches today, August 19, Coco Chanel's birthday. She was born in 1883, and I think it's safe to say her impact on fashion and beauty was remarkable. I've tested No. 19 Poudre several times, and I'm excited to be the proud owner of, as one of my fragrance expert friends says, a full bottle. Little did I know that collectives of like-minded souls buy and split bottles of new fragrances - until I met the wizard who can find anything.



I tweeted this week that anyone interested in Le Métier de Beauté's new skin care should pre-order it soon. It launches Monday. I think the demand for the initial shipments will quickly overwhelm the stock. If you don't have a favorite LMdB counter, please call either one of my two friends - either will take good care of you. Dustin Lujan is at LMdB at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. Kathy Shoreman at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria told me to go ahead and put her cell phone number on the blog (she may regret that once the heavy-breathing calls start). It's 571-212-8399.



It's time for The Friday Forum, our open chat. What new products did you discover this week? Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By early the next week, most (not all) readers have moved on.



The giveaway contest for the new Fall 2011 Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Rich Lipstick in R7 ends tomorrow, August 20 at midnight. It's a gorgeous lipstick, inside and out.



Photo courtesy of Chantecaille