Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Gris Exquis from Aquarelles de Chanel Collection

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here is the single Soft Touch Eyeshadow that is part of the Aquarelles de Chanel Collection that just arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria. Gris Exquis ($28.50) is a medium-toned grey, perfect to create a smoky eye. Use it dry as your shadow, then apply it with a damp liner brush for your eyeliner. It can serve double duty.

Soft Touch Eyeshadow, a Chanel classic, is an ultra-fine powder eye shadow that's "foolproof" in its application and fabulous in its range of matte, satin, and shimmer finishes. The versatile formula can be applied dry for subtle shading, or dampened for more intense color, and the complementary shades available can be blended with one another to lighten or deepen tone.

Gris Exquis is matte to my eye. I don't see even a smidgen of shimmer or gleam in the color on my skin. It can be used easily to create a smoky eye - from light to dramatic - depending on your preference and application technique. My photos were taken in full sun (oops except for the shadows). Any glimmers you see are reflected sunlight.

I swatched with a sponge-tipped applicator and applied the shadow fairly lightly. If you use a brush, the tone will be lighter. You can build your desired level of "smoke." Of course, you'll use a brush!

Gris Exquis won't set your world ablaze. It's not unique, and if you like grey shadows, you probably have several that are similar in color. That's not to say it isn't pretty. I just don't want to leave you with the impression that it's a rush-out-to-buy shade.

I purchased it because many of the greys that have attracted me recently are shimmering shades. I want to play with a more matte look for fall and winter. I usually like a little shimmer on my eyes. I have to be more flexible!

The Aquarelles de Chanel Collection is available at select Neiman Marcus doors. I understand it will also be available at Chanel online this week or next.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty