Not so Desperate: Teri Hatcher admits using Botox and fillers in the past but says she's now surgery free

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, July 8, 2011


By Jody Thompson


Stage door: Posing in a skimpy negligee backstage, Teri said series seven of Desperate Housewives was going to be 'hot'


She's been a Desperate Housewife for years - but now Teri Hatcher says she not desperate enough to resort to plastic surgery nowadays.

In a photo album posted her her official Facebook page entitled 'Oy with the Botox', the 45-year-old star has posted a series of incredibly candid shots of herself without a scrap of make-up on.

Writing underneath each picture, she says she took them as she got out of the bath to get ready for bed to prove to critics that she no long has any work done on her face.


Bare-faced: Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher poses in her bathroom for fans without make-up


Face-pulling: The star deliberately contorted her face into wrinkles for the camera to prove she no longer has Botox in her forehead


Ms Hatcher said: 'Thought about all those damn critics of my face. Love it or hate it, my face that is, no surgery, no implants, no matter what "they" say. Decided I'd shoot myself to reveal some truths about "beauty" and hope it makes you all easier on yourself.'

However, the star confesses that she HAD had surgical enhancements before.

She wrote: 'Did I every toy with fillers or Botox over the years? Yes. (But) tell me does this look Botoxed to you? Yes I am alone in my bathroom naked in a towel on behalf of women everywhere trying to make a point. Women YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.'

She added wryly on another picture of herself: 'Oh look I can raise my eyebrows and wrinkles show up on my forehead. I can also look like a monkey if I put grapes in my upper lip. It's really funny. I have to say I can't remember ever being upset enough to look like this, but I'm just making or shall I say "under LINING" a point.'

Teri also revealed that the key to many good photos of celebrities including herself was not surgery, or make-up, but good lighting.

Teri also bigs up her fellow actress and friend Julia Roberts for going Botox free in her current movie Eat Pray Love - and also showing off a few wrinkles and veins on her forehead.

She enthuses: 'Proud of Julia for being a real woman on a real journey.'


Are you seeing stunt doubles?: Teri with Rebecca Creskoff and their stunt doubles who help out during a fight scene in the new season


Ms Hatcher - who plays Susan Mayer in Desperate Housewives - not only gave us a glimpse of herself au naturel without her stage make-up on her official Facebook, she also gave a guided tour backstage on the Wisteria Lane set yesterday.

She gushed: 'Watch the premiere, tell your friends, have a DH party September 26th. It's a good season!'

She also revealed that her character has a fight in her lingerie with Rebecca Creskoff from hit US show Hung, who debuts a character in the new series.

The new season of the show starts in the UK next year, however.


Larking around: It's certainly not all work and no play on the set of desperate Housewives


Double vision: It's difficult to tell the actresses and their doubles apart


source: dailymail