New Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New from Bobbi Brown, High Shimmer Lip Gloss ($23) "combines gorgeous, light-catching shimmer with lasting, non-sticky shine. Made with fine pearls and clear pigments, High Shimmer Lip Gloss gives lips beautiful, brilliant dimension, and it’s enriched with emollients and vitamins C and E to moisturize, condition, and protect lips, so they feel as good as they look."

"Gorgeous and super-sparkly, this gloss is full fun." - Bobbi Brown

Indeed, High Shimmer Lip Gloss offers a melange of shimmering hues in each tube, with multidimensional sparkles that contribute to each gorgeous shade. See if you can select just one.

Whether you wear Bobbi Brown's new gloss on its own or on top of your favorite lipstick, the new tapered applicator will allow you to apply it easily. No more struggling to put those little brushes back into the tube without irrevocably splaying them!

I saw the new display yesterday at Neiman Marcus. I could have brought home one of each shade - they were that pretty! Instead, I decided to select no more than three, so I stood and tested and agonized for awhile before selecting three shades, all for different reasons.

Canary (#5) is pure gold with golden sparkles. It's a fabulous topper. I'm sure it will come in handy. Naked Plum (#7) is a mauve-leaning pink (not plum really) that's a drop-dead perfect shade for me. Plum Gold (#9), burgundy-plum with a bronze sparkle, will be my dark shade - the one I can toss on without any lipstick and have magnificent color. In fact, I can't imagine needing lip color under Plum Gold; it's extremely pigmented. There are a few more shades that are still calling my name today, so I suspect I'll go back for more someday.

I took my swatch photos in direct morning sunshine, hoping that you would be able to see the sparkling loveliness of the shades, with the sun's rays bouncing off the colors. Canary is at the top; Naked Plum is in the middle; and Plum Gold is shown at the bottom of my arm. In the first photo, I turned my arm away from the sun so that the left side of each swatch shows the reflection, but the right is less direct. In my second photo below right, my arm directly faced the sun.

Look at the beautiful shimmer! These are must-have lip glosses. They have what I will call a heavy texture - not sticky, but you can feel them on your lips. As with most long-lasting glosses these days, if you can feel them, you're likely to have some color left a half-hour after you apply them. Many of the light-as-air glosses are gone in minutes. I'm sure that challenges cosmetics companies.

Bobbi Brown sent out an e-mail about the new High Shimmer Lip Glosses this morning, and you can see them online at the Bobbi Brown Web site. They arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria yesterday. That's where I bought mine. If they are not at other Bobbi Brown counters, they will be very soon. Call before you go.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty