Cartier Baiser Volé Eau de Parfum

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Saturday, July 16, 2011

Has anyone been able to try Cartier Baiser Volé Eau de Parfum ($100-$145)? Currently, it's a Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive, but it will be rolled out to most of the world in September. I could use your advice.

Read this description, provided by WWD and tell me how one can "imagine" the fragrant lily into being.

For Baiser Volé’s juice, Cartier in-house perfumer Mathilde Laurent created a lily soliflore by imagining what the whole flower - including its leaves, petals, and pistil - could smell like.

“There is no lily oil or lily absolute,” said Laurent, who wanted to introduce a floral scent in Cartier’s fragrance collection. “But I didn’t want it to be the 1,001st floral floriental, and I didn’t want to add a new floral composition.” Instead, Laurent likened wearing Baiser Volé to having on a necklace of lilies.

Lilies are among my favorite flowers. Their divine fragrance can light up a room. Just thinking about them makes me want to wander over to my favorite florist and buy a few Stargazers, beautiful pink hybrids that I've grown in my garden the past. Their scent is so unmistakable, I'm not sure how one could re-invent it.

Baiser Volé, meaning "Stolen Kiss," is the expression of love according to Cartier. A story of pure passion told through the lily, a strikingly feminine and rare flower. Baiser Volé is a pure floral fragrance, reflecting all its perfection as it opens, fresh, floral, and powdery. It sounds like heaven in a bottle. I fear I'm going to "need" it, and with a mega-sized CREED purchase this month, I may end up in fragrance jail.

Should I or shouldn't I order it without a whiff? Surely one of you knows! Or, if you are headed to Nordstrom, please sample it and let me know. I'm turning the table on you.

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom; quote from WWD