NARS Portrait of Paradise Blush Bronzer Trio

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Monday, May 2, 2011

The new, limited-edition Blush Bronzer Trio ($55) from NARS is delightful in many ways. The three cheek shades are gorgeous, and the little zip-up case is handy for anyone who wants to take it along. The trio is part of the Portrait of Paradise Collection - radiant, tropical riches for eyes, lips, cheeks, and body.

Laguna Bronzing Powder, Orgasm Blush, and Albatross Highlighter complement each other beautifully. They will make you beautiful too. Laguna has become my go-to brown. The Laguna powder shade is in this compact. The Albatross Highlighter is a nice highlighter - there's not much product here in the small stripe, but you wouldn't want to apply much at any given time. The surprise to me in the compact is the Orgasm Blush. I would swear it's a different color from the "regular" shade.

I don't have easy access to my Orgasm Blush. It's packed away with almost everything that was in my bathroom before my surgery. I still haven't unpacked that makeup! I wanted to do a comparison the second I swatched the blush in this trio because I could swear this shade is pinker. You know that Orgasm Blush is a pinky-peach - or peachy-pink. The shade in this trio - my trio - is more pink, and it's an exquisite pink. I am in love with it.

The three shades are swatched on my arm at right and below. I applied all three with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full sun. You can see that Laguna is a nice brown - more golden than the new Laguna Multiple (in my humble opinion). The pretty highlighter is Albatross. At the top is the drop-dead gorgeous Orgasm Blush - if that's what it really is. What do you think? Am I crazy to think that this shade looks different?

I like this blush shade so much, I'm now motivated to dig out my regular one and compare. I knew I had to dig out eventually, but I've been lazy. Now, I need to figure it out to know whether I need to hoard this trio.

I bought mine online from NARS. You can also purchase this trio at Neiman Marcus. Nordstrom has it, so it's probably available at all NARS counters. Definitely check it out. Please let me know if you think I'm losing my eyesight.

Update 5/3 at 5:00 am: I awakened this morning to find a photo from beautiful reader Beth. It proves I am not crazy, which certainly makes me feel better about my eyesight and my memory. Beth had her regular compact and the new trio at the ready, and she sent me the photo below. Additionally, Eileen commented that the color was different, and I trust her eye completely. That's two trusty friends who were able to solve the riddle for me.

So, there you have it, and a photo from Beth - so considerate! Keep in mind that the shades in the compact do appear as shown in the photo at the top of this post. Beth may have taken her photo in the warm, artificial light inside her house at night. The pink "Orgasm" appears very orange in the photo below. Lighting will do that. Your eye should make the same adjustment for the regular Orgasm. Add color.


Photo at top courtesy of NARS; photo immediately above courtesy of the beautiful Beth