Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Jasminora Eau de Toilette

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Thursday, May 19, 2011

I knew Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Jasminora ($59) was coming. I've been eagerly awaiting it for months! It has landed at Sephora, and it exceeded my expectations. If it weren't for all the heavenly fragrances I own, I could live in Jasminora.

The fragrance centers around a jasmine flower from the southern Italian region of Calabria. This flower's rare and precious spirit is elevated with notes of white freesia and lily of the valley. The freshness of green notes adds a crisp, quality, while in the base notes, a resinous amber accord joins white musks that linger on the skin to prolong the sensual aroma of jasmine. It is, in a word, divine - a blend to please floral fans, a blend of some of the most beautifully fragrant flowers on earth, jasmine, freesia, and lily of the valley. They all shine in this new, limited-edition fragrance. What was Guerlain thinking when they made this a limited edition?

The notes listed are bergamot, cyclamen, galbanum, jasmine, freesia, lily of the valley, musks, and amber. Sephora, where I purchased mine, categorized Jasminora as floral, fresh, and sensual - prefect descriptors for a fragrance that transports me to a garden, without any notes that don't belong there with me.

Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria fragrances are considered summery fragrances, sheer fragrances that can accompany you as you move from casual wear to beach wear. I would wear this fragrance anywhere at any time of year, but those who like to lighten up for summer will find Jasminora a perfect choice.

I've been hovering over the Guerlain counter at Neiman Marcus, hoping it would arrive there. Instead, I found it at Sephora. I ordered it the second I saw it. I had one of those yippee moments. My second yippee moment came when it arrived. I smelled the bottle, sprayed Jasminora on the paper padding Sephora had in my shipping box, and quickly realized it was safe to spray. Jasminora is me and mine!

It's definitely light, but still intoxicating. I have to spray my arm with it, because my nose wants to dive in. That's what fragrance should do to us, right?

I'm trying to help you spend money at Sephora (not always my goal) because they have a terrific 500-point bonus right now. The Too Faced eye shadow palette is incredibly nice - a fitting reward for all the money we spend. That's where you can find Aqua Allegoria Jasminora now.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora