The Friday Forum - May 13

Diposkan oleh Pengetahuan dan Pengalaman on Friday, May 13, 2011

At last, Google Blogger, which hosts Best Things in Beauty, is back up - sort of. They have not yet restored the two days of features they wiped out when they restored their software to a point in time Wednesday, when Blogger crashed after they installed a software upgrade. At least I can check in with you. They have assured us (via Twitter) that they will restore our missing posts, and I'm still waiting. I wanted you to see the Alima Pure and Givenchy features I wrote.

Last night's American Idol was a shocker. Rocker James Durbin was eliminated. His fans went crazy on Twitter. I'm sorry for all you gals on the West Coast. Don't even look at Twitter if you don't want to see what's happening live on the East Coast. I also discovered I've been spelling Haley's name incorrectly. Sorry, Haley! I have a friend named Hayley, which seems to me to be the proper spelling, and I misnamed you. I'm glad she's in the top three, along with Lauren. I think the gals are talented. The "story" of James Durbin was inspiring, and his elimination (by the voters) was a complete surprise. Everyone thought he would win the competition - even me. I was not a fan of his type of music/singing, but, like Jennifer Lopez, I was sad for him. He seems like a sweet guy. Never fear - he will have a career. Anyone remember Diversity? They won Britain's Got Talent. They are history, but Susan Boyle, the runner-up, is an international sensation.

Can you even believe it's time for The Friday Forum? We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

Don't forget that I have a giveaway contest going for NARS Laguna Multiple! The deadline is tomorrow, Saturday, May 14. Make sure to enter before then. If you don't enter, you can't win!

What did you see this week that grabbed your eyes? Is there anything you've been waiting for me to feature? I have a lot to tell you about - all bottled up because I haven't been able to write.

Update 5:45 - My missing features are back! I can't make up for lost time today, but I'm grateful to have them. Google's problem must have been a whopper.

Photo courtesy of growspot.com